Hong Kong is a busy city in the south-eastern part of China. This city has a unique blend of modernity and tradition. It is popular for a variety of Chinese cuisines and shopping destinations it has to offer. If you are planning to spend a fun filled relaxing holiday with your friends and family then Hong Kong is the perfect destination for you. There are a lot of tourist attractions in this city bustling with people and it is sure to keep you entertained throughout your holiday.
With a population of around 6.9 million people, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places on the planet. And my buddy who owns wedding photography Atlanta told me he has never seen a place so crowded. Its vibrant, bustling atmosphere offers visitors a unique and exciting break from Western culture and the wide range of attractions in Hong Kong can prove an unforgettable experience.
Some of the famous Places to visit in Hong Kong are mentioned below:
* Hong Kong’s Disneyland is sure to transport you to a land of magic. There are activities to keep you busy all day long. There are also a number of stores from where you can buy souvenirs and Disney memorabilia for your friends back home. The Disney characters found throughout the park will surely entertain you.
* The Hong Kong Zoological Park and the Hong Kong Botanical Garden are among the oldest in the world and both are very well maintained. Some exotic floral varieties which you will see in the Botanical Garden are Dawn Red Wood, gum trees, fig, palm and the local Ailanthus variety. The zoo of Hong Kong houses 70 mammals, about 300 birds and 20 reptiles. Kids are delighted when they visit this zoo as they spot giraffes, lemurs, Chinese alligators, orang-utans, peacocks, pheasants, flamingos and cranes.
* At 8 o’clock every evening the skyline of Hong Kong is filled with a ‘Symphony of Lights’ which is a permanent light and sound show. This orchestrated light and laser show encompasses almost forty buildings on both sides of the harbour. This is a must watch in Hong Kong.
* A famous marine theme park in this Chinese city is the Ocean Park. Here there are a number of exhibits, rides and shows you can enjoy. Within this park is the Aqua City which is a large aquarium with three levels. You can also see and interact with penguins and visit the North and South Pole, all in the same day!
* The night markets of Hong Kong are quite popular and sell almost anything which comes to your mind. Visit the Temple Street Night Market for a new shopping experience altogether.
* The Po Lin monastery is visited by thousands of Buddhist pilgrims every year. This monastery is peaceful and serene. Opposite to the monastery is a 34 metre high Tian Tan Buddha statue.
* If you are an art enthusiast then you must visit the Hong Kong Museum of Art which mainly displays calligraphy, paintings and sculpture from China as well as other parts of the world.
Hong Kong’s unique vibrant culture makes it a popular destination with tourists from all across the planet. The growing availability of flights to Hong Kong holiday accommodation and exciting things to do means ensures you will have an exciting and unforgettable holiday here.